Whiting Consulting is searching for a stellar Director of Marketing to join our client’s high-impact team, which is on a relentless mission to revolutionize online recruitment advertising. This position offers the opportunity to make tangible, highly-visible contributions to their success and will report directly to the company’s CEO. If you are a passionate marketing professional who relishes crafting value propositions, competitively and efficiently positioning products/services, and amplifying an organization’s awareness in the marketplace, then we want you to join their team! The Director of Marketing will develop impactful marketing strategies and tools, in context of the four-P’s, in order to drive measurable business impact for our client and their network affiliates.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to develop marketing strategies across the four-Ps.
- Entrepreneurship, resourcefulness, and creativity in achieving objectives.
- Leadership and self-organization skills in developing, organizing, and executing objectives.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
- Fact-based, premise-building supported by strong analytical ability that embraces data.
- In-depth sales and marketing techniques with ROI clarity.
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally with the executive team, management peers, and internal and external customers.
- Accountability through performance metrics and process efficiency.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team and help set the company’s strategic direction.
- Spearhead global marketing initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Manage contract negotiation with marketing-related vendors.
- Manage the company’s marketing communications strategy and plan, including PR, newsletters, etc.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities.
- Coordinate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet landscape and competitive conditions.
- Monitor industry and competitor developments monthly in a structured analytical manner.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image and brand throughout product, promotional materials, events, and corporate website.
- Develop marketing tools/collateral for the New Business Sales team.
- Develop marketing tools/collateral for the Affiliate Development team.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to manage the achievement of marketing objectives within budget.
- Develop and manage the marketing department’s operating budget.
- Identify and facilitate appropriate trade association relationships and trade shows at which to promote the company.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Prepare and deliver periodic marketing update reports in an executive team setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing or Business, with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience managing a Marketing function.
- Experience with and interest in strategic marketing communications is a must.
- Previous marketing experience in an Internet and/or software context.
- Deep understanding of the online space.
- Experience with Internet delivered services or products.
- Experience with social marketing.
- Experience with sales automation and analytics tools.
- Understanding of online advertising.
- Understanding of the recruitment advertising and or HR space a plus.
- Experience with Ad Tech, Ad Network, and/or Digital departments of Traditional media entities a plus.
- Experience in working in a startup environment a double plus. The candidate must thrive in a start-up environment and embrace navigating through constant change productively.
- The individual should possess a demonstrable, process-driven approach to developing his/her own marketing management process, taking into account the organization’s priorities and proactively reaching for stretch goals.
When applying for a position, send your resume electronically (in Microsoft Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure to note the position name in the subject line of your e-mail.
Filed under: Jobs | Tagged: Ad Network, Ad Tech, Director of Marketing, four Ps, internet, job search, Marketing, marketing tools, New York City, NYC, online recruitment advertising, ROI, software, start-up, trade association | Leave a comment »