To manage the SW application group, and actively work on the definition, design, and implementation of a Video SDK (Software Development Kit), which allows the seamless integration of video devices into CCTV application software like our company’s Video Management System.
· Manage the SW team – applications, testing and embedded (work plan definition, appraisals, team development, etc.)
· Contribute to the planning process, including the identification of tasks, creation of work estimates, and contribution to the creation of viable project plans.
· Preparation and alignment of SW Engineering budget
· Manage contracts, etc. with off-site development sites
· Drive and initiate activities to improve Quality and TTM of our company’s products
· Drive and maintain significant new developments in relevant technology and standards.
· Develop competences within the SW group.
· Provide strategic direction by development of design methods, tools; resulting in definition and implementation of design guidelines
· Develop SW requirements base on customer needs and technical constraints (e.g. architecture)
· Manage design, implementation and validation of SW based on a given set of requirements
· Design test harness to assist in integration testing/functional testing.
· Effectively use and report against defect tracking and change management systems.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline (e.g. Computer Science)
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline
Minimum: 5 years experience in SW design/implementation, 3+ years experience as SW development lead or SW manager
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are essential. Requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on multiple multi-site projects in parallel. Strong SW development methodology experience in object-oriented environments is required. Programming experience in C++ and knowledge in Microsoft COM technologies are mandatory.
Add to del.icio.us
Filed under: Jobs | Tagged: job posting, Lancaster PA, software engineer, Technical Engineer | Leave a comment »