Whiting Consulting is searching for a Systems Engineer for your customer located in the New York City area.
Technical Support Specialist (NYC)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and customer service oriented individual to join our Solution Delivery team as Technical Support Specialist.
Require minimum 3 years of industry experience.
Location: NY greater area
Our technical support team is responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of implementations and for the continuous success of its customers using our company’s award winning solutions. As a member of the team, the specialist will provide 1st level support for customers and assist the field organization in managing customer issues while improving and enforcing support processes to ensure our company continues to provide quality and effective support to its customers.
Duties and responsibilities
Respond to customer issues according to SLA.
Document all issues in the support call tracking system.
Answer questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of our company’s product suite.
Assist customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions.
Escalate and leverage 2nd level support to address complex issues.
Assume complete ownership of customer issue until resolved involving multiple inbound and outbound communications.
Build relationships with the customers, keep customers informed of case status, product updates and other information.
Focus on delivering a positive customer experience according to our company’s standards.
Knowledge and experience:
Minimum of 3 years experience in a support role with an enterprise application software or software platform and tools company
Knowledge of application server configuration and setup such as: Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, and WebSphere
Experience working in database environments – proficient in SQL and understanding databases concepts and activities, specifically Oracle.
Experience supporting both Java and .net environments & applications and protocols and standards such as J2EE, HTTP, SSL, XML, JDBC and SQL.
Platform experience with a variety of operating systems such as: Unix, Linux, & Windows
Technically savvy and familiar with general computer configuration, network administration and tools.
Experience managing software release and patch updates with customers
Software development background and/or QA is a plus
Experience working in a technical support role for any application performance management software vendor such as HP/Mercury, CA/Wily is a plus
Education and skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
Strong problem solving and organization skills
Ability to work alone and initiate problem solving by motivating the right people.
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to manage multiple items at one time with a high sense of urgency
Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems
Excellent communication skills
We are looking for technical candidates with 1-2 years of work experience for the following responsibilities:
· Building test harnesses
· Programming to APIs
· Learning all systems and languages
· Programming and systems experience
· Programming experience in two of the following: C++, Java, C, .net
· Scripting experience or good systems skills
· Good communication skills
· Self motivation
· Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
POSITION SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include providing level 1 and level 2 support to customers concerning implementation of our company’s equipment.
- Manages simultaneous customer cases in highly demanding environment and resolves issues using company internal knowledge base, laboratory simulations, and engineering problem solving techniques.
- Determines problems and delivers known solutions by translating general directions into specific objectives, priorities, and action steps.
- Solves problems by adapting previous solutions to fit new conditions.
- Uses phone/email/webex consultation to debug network system problems of increasing levels of complexity.
- Utilizes test equipment in the lab for simulations of real problems.
- Escalates complex problems to higher Tier and resolves in a timely manner.
- Accurately and completely documents problems and solutions on case notes.
Education: BS in a Computer related field
Certifications: Cisco certifications – CCNA
Experience: Cisco experience, 2 years experience in the networking field
- Excellent LAN networking & troubleshooting skills, including in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- In Depth Knowledge in IP Routing Protocols such as OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, etc.
- Cisco switch & router configuration, administration, troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnosis skills.
- Experience of working in a large enterprise.
- Strong client/customer facing abilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory management, Domain Controller, DFS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Microsoft Servers
- Preferred – A working knowledge of Citrix.
- Knowledge of Linux Networking
This position is for a software engineering technical lead to work as part of our company’s PC Applications Development group. The successful candidate will lead a development team in developing software development kits (SDKs) and applications targeted at the Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) security industry.
· Based upon the defined software requirements and architecture, define, manage, and support software engineers’ design, implementation, and testing tasks.
· Facilitate peer reviews of design artifacts and source code.
· Define and drive software engineering method and tool improvements to improve time to market, minimize rework and create high quality software.
· Develop well-documented software applications and components according to department standards.
· Plan, design, and execute comprehensive and repeatable software unit and integration tests.
· Ensure product quality and reliability.
· Participate in project teams under the direction of a project manager.
· Participate in the development and maintenance of existing products.
Required: B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Preferred: M.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
o 10+ years of professional experience designing and implementing object oriented C++ software
o 8+ years of Microsoft Visual C++ experience
o 8+ years of Object Oriented Design experience, including experience with relevant tools
o 6+ years of experience leading a team of software engineers
o 6+ years of ATL/COM experience
o 6+ years of multithreading experience
o 3+ years of automated software testing experience
Desired Experience (in order of preference)
o API development experience
o Experience with Microsoft DirectShow
o Knowledge of video streaming protocols
o Experience with .NET and C#
Excellent communication (both written and verbal), self-motivation, and interpersonal skills are essential. The ability to work well in a team environment is also necessary.
To manage the SW application group, and actively work on the definition, design, and implementation of a Video SDK (Software Development Kit), which allows the seamless integration of video devices into CCTV application software like our company’s Video Management System.
· Manage the SW team – applications, testing and embedded (work plan definition, appraisals, team development, etc.)
· Contribute to the planning process, including the identification of tasks, creation of work estimates, and contribution to the creation of viable project plans.
· Preparation and alignment of SW Engineering budget
· Manage contracts, etc. with off-site development sites
· Drive and initiate activities to improve Quality and TTM of our company’s products
· Drive and maintain significant new developments in relevant technology and standards.
· Develop competences within the SW group.
· Provide strategic direction by development of design methods, tools; resulting in definition and implementation of design guidelines
· Develop SW requirements base on customer needs and technical constraints (e.g. architecture)
· Manage design, implementation and validation of SW based on a given set of requirements
· Design test harness to assist in integration testing/functional testing.
· Effectively use and report against defect tracking and change management systems.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline (e.g. Computer Science)
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline
Minimum: 5 years experience in SW design/implementation, 3+ years experience as SW development lead or SW manager
Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are essential. Requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on multiple multi-site projects in parallel. Strong SW development methodology experience in object-oriented environments is required. Programming experience in C++ and knowledge in Microsoft COM technologies are mandatory.
Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
This individual will be a major contributor on a tightly knit team of intermediate to senior developers. He or she will own all aspects of development infrastructure, configuration management, product build and release for our company’s industry-leading grid computing technologies. The Release Engineer and Tools Lead will be responsible for developing and maintaining development infrastructure including our Wiki, bug tracking, configuration management, software builds, version control, continuous integration environment, releases, release notes, and license delivery. This will require partnering and communicating with Development, QA, IT, Product Management, Business Operations, and other groups as we grow the organization. Specific tasks will include supporting the software development teams by building out infrastructure, designing and building tools, validating new code, debugging build and runtime problems, and maintaining a build process to support ongoing releases. The Release Engineer and Tools Lead will design and document improvements with the goal of creating a scalable, automated, agile, integration/build/smoke test/release environment. This person should be familiar with release engineering and infrastructure issues specific to a cross-platform, highly scalable environment and be able to handle such issues with flexibility and ingenuity.
Job Requirements :