Posted on June 4, 2010 by Whiting Consulting
A pioneering, word-of-mouth marketing company is seeking a Marketing Associate to assist with production of unique Web-based marketing events and promotions. The Marketing Associate will work with other B-to-B project managers, B-to-C project managers, as well as any internal technical and creative teams to produce national marketing events. In some cases, the Marketing Associate might be working with clients.
Work with a variety of web-based tools to schedule and produce events.
Maintain and create timelines.
Manage microsite launches: Ensure all creative assets, media, and content are uploaded and accurate.
Manage ongoing microsite content: Set up, schedule and post blogs, FAQs, emails, and polls. Update branded and featured media as needed. Deploy SMS campaigns as needed.
Data reporting: Generate and manage event database lists. Maintain and update event data. Provide data reporting for specific client inquiries. Generate and analyze system reports.
Takes on special projects and assignments as needed.
1-3 years business experience (in one of the following: marketing, analysis, operations, or on-line media)
Comfortable with Web-based applications and online multimedia.
Experience with Web-based production and Web 2.0 concepts.
Able and willing to adapt to new situations, challenges, and job duties as required.
Able to work with or without structure.
Ability to multitask and attention to details is a must.
Ability to work on the fly and adapt to new vendor systems.
Good oral and written communication skills required.
Good understanding of social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Proficient with Excel (formulas and functions), Word, and Powerpoint.
Some working knowledge of HTML a plus, but not required.
Filed under: Jobs | Tagged: blog, Facebook, HTML, job opportunity marketing nyc direct marketing web blogging, job posting, Marketing, marketing associate, NYC, Technology Marketing, Twitter, Web 2.0 | 1 Comment »
Posted on November 15, 2009 by Whiting Consulting
Whiting Consulting is looking for a high-calibre Marketing Manager with a strong international business orientation and experience in integrated B-t-B marketing and communications to increase the branding of our client’s flagship product. The product is a scalable and modular STP front-to-back enterprise system for the global investment management industry that enables institutions to mitigate risk and reduce cost while enabling growth. Our client is responsible for the distribution, implementation, and maintenance of the product in the U.S.A. and Canada. Due to continuous expansion and an increased focus on marketing and communication, our client is seeking a Marketing Manager for a new position with a direct reporting line to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
Prepare and plan annual regional sales, marketing and communication strategies.
Create programs to support brand positioning, sales and client retention.
Work with the Global Marketing & Communication unit in Copenhagen to organize and execute activities according to external communication strategy guidelines and policies.
Run various client and industry events, trade shows, advertising and direct mail campaigns.
Drive and maintain relationships with PR agencies, vendors and other relevant stakeholders in the space.
Provide tactical and operational support services to the organization.
Manage CRM system and data.
Manage administrative tasks and ad-hoc projects, as required.
Degree within marketing, communications, business administration or equivalent.
5-8 years of marketing experience, preferably in the enterprise software arena.
Excellent communication skills and ability to get across ideas successfully.
Initiative to run programs and take ownership with little or no supervision.
Motivation to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
Strong sense for business and a high level B–t-B sales exposure.
Results oriented high achiever with an engaging demeanor and a winning personality.
Experience to banking, finance or IT would be an additional plus.
Ability to thrive in a hectic and growing environment.
Filed under: Jobs | Tagged: Marketing, Marketing Manager, Technology Marketing | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 15, 2009 by Whiting Consulting
Whiting Consulting is looking for an Art Director and Designer for our client. As Art Director/Designer, you will be responsible for conceiving and designing all the event communications including host acquisition ads, landing pages, emails, and various promotional media that will successfully market our sponsors products or services. You will also enhance the company’s host and guests’ online experiences. You’ll be a part an event team and collaborate with sales, producers, and copywriters to make the company’s events a success for both their clients and the hosts.
- Actively participate in event creative, production and client meetings.
- Conceive and create all the marketing elements of company events using client and outside resources.
- Dev-prep all Landing Pages and Emails
- Effectively communicate client/brand marketing messaging to the event hosts and guests.
- Present, clearly explain, and defend event deliverables/concepts to clients and team members.
- Innovate. Consistently push the creative envelope of all our event communications.
- Obsess about the overall look, feel and flow of our sponsor’s marketing messages.
- Facilitate collaboration. Actively participate with sales and producers to help bridge would be gaps between great events and client demands.
- 3 + years experience working in advertising, promotion, and interactive design.
- Proven success creating memorable, distinctive and effective marketing communications for the web and other media using Adobe CS, Flash and AfterEffects.
- Online Portfolio of Ads, Promotions, Landing Pages, Emails, Banner ads, etc.
- Advertising, promotion, marketing and problem solving skills.
- Strong desire to work as a key player to a fun, cross-functional and growing team.
- Passion for solving client and user problems in new and interesting ways.
- Eagerness to learn, share and apply new skills and trends.
- Insatiable thirst for staying on top of design trends and emerging technology.
- Thoroughness and a belief that there is greatness in the details.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, define and complete tasks with minimal direction/supervision.
- Mastery of design software — Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, AfterEffects, etc.
- Dev prep technical experience.
- Preferred Skills
- Zest for social media marketing.
- Sense of humor and irony.
Filed under: Jobs, Uncategorized | Tagged: Art Director / Designer, Marketing, Technology Marketing | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 9, 2008 by Whiting Consulting
As VP Product Management (reporting to EVP Marketing, Products and BD), you will manage our company’s current and future products. This extends from increasing the sales and profitability of existing product to developing new products for the company. You will define, and work with Engineering to build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You will work with the field organization to prioritize ideas and requirements and articulate a product plan to the company. You will work with Product Marketing to deliver these products to the field organization and communicate the product plan to them.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be skilled and enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, to identify growth opportunities and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with all parts of company to continuously manage and communicate requirements and priorities. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with a product management forum comprising all parts of company to review plans and drive support for the product plan you manage. You will work with Product Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also support Product Marketing in their role as the internal and external evangelist for the product offering, frequently working with key customers and sales and occasionally with the sales channel and industry influencers. You will work with field organization (Sales and GCS) to launch product offerings and releases to the field.
- Analyzing customer needs, market developments and the competitive landscape
- Formulating the product strategy
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across teams (primarily Engineering, and Product Marketing) through market requirements, product requirement “contracts”, review of matching Functional Specifications produced by engineering, release plans and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Tracking the progress of delivery and launching releases and new products to the company.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product together with Business Development and driving product requirement to enable such partnerships as part of the product lifecycle.
- 7+ years of software product management experience. Experience in managing a team of product managers.
- Startup experience, dynamic environment, preferably in a distributed multi geography company
- Product marketing experience is a plus.
- Technical background in prior roles and a hands-on understanding of complex operational IT environments.
- Knowledgeable in systems and applications management solutions.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experiences a strong plus.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe and to the Engineering center in Israel (25%).
Filed under: Jobs | Tagged: Technology Marketing | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 9, 2008 by Whiting Consulting
We are currently looking for a Product Marketing Director to join our Marketing and Business Development team.
This high impact, critical role will be responsible for understanding market needs, formulating new product requirements, communicating our products’ strengths internally and externally and working with sales to achieve revenue objectives.
A minimum of 10 years product marketing experience within the IT Industry is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the development and implementation of our company’s strategic and tactical marketing plans with a focus on the company’s product offering (jointly with Product Management and Corporate Marketing).
- Monitoring and analyzing the competition and deliver internal and external competitive analysis; create product marketing collateral (e.g. data sheets, function benefit descriptions, ROI calculators, cases studies, reviewer’s guides) and tailor it to fit specific vertical and regional needs
- Helping to define product strategy and roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity, customer needs and competitive analysis.
- Developing product-related news and pitch stories to press and analysts; serve as product spokesperson with prospects, customers, the analyst community and the media ;
- Managing product reviews; assist channel efforts with resellers and distributors to best position and promote products.
Working with Field Marketing to:
- Train new field staff on effective positioning, and selling.
- Define and communicate pricing; supply content for events; help presales organization with the creation of demos; support for lead generation team in terms of messages, initiatives and call scripts
- Participate in sales efforts from a marketing support perspective (e.g. assist sales and support reps in handling prospect and customer questions, on-site sales presentations, support calls, RFP responses).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or equivalent experience.
- the ability to perform the functional tasks listed above
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- excellent presentation skills
- strong proven experience with developing and successfully implementing product strategy in a startup environment and the ability to articulate and evangelize in a dynamic, competitive environment
- A solid understanding of enterprise IT management and a good technical understanding of the technology stack used by IT to deliver IT services
Add to del.icio.us
Filed under: Jobs, Uncategorized | Tagged: job posting, NYC, Technology Marketing | Leave a comment »